Microsoft Windows 10 is one of the best and most secure operating system. With Windows 10 operating system going live, it is about to think for personal and business users to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Though it is a piece of cake, but it is not easy for every user to upgrade to Windows 10. This version hit the market in January 2018. There are a few things that one should bear in mind to reduce the issues that arise during the upgrade process.
However, it is not that Microsoft corporation has stopped offering support for Windows 7 and later versions of it, but it is Windows 10 is offering many new features. Based on the hardware that is embedded in your system, it is quite easy to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10.
Difference Between Windows 7 and Windows 10
The new OS is offering a myriad of benefits like smooth and quick computing operations. In addition, it is more economical to use the disk and memory space. Furthermore, Windows 7 vs Windows 10 security offers bulletproof security by introducing Smart Screen, Encryption and Windows Defender intuitive in Windows 10. This is easy to integrate to OneDrive Storage.
File Explorer that is available in the new OS will offer the best File Manager and DirectX 12 in Windows 7 vs Windows 10 gaming will enhance the gaming experience. In addition to this, the Task View will make it easy to run programs. It has become quite easy to add virtual desktops. The refresh and reset options available will make it easy for users to maintain their desktop and laptops. The new Edge browser is available along with IE 11. You can directly use the internet from the desktop
The Windows 10 will support new hardware like secure booting capabilities using UFEI, USB 3.0, HD screens, Bluetooth adapters, and solid state drives. The best part of the current Windows version is that it boots and resume from the sleep mode faster than Windows 7. Users who are using Smartphones and tablets can go ON it instantly.
There are many features that are newly added in Windows 10. The quite popular one is AI-based personal assistant, notifications and Windows Store applications. The Hello feature that is in this OS will let you access the system by seeing the face. However, your monitor needs to be equipped with a camera to use this feature. This feature is compatible to use with Intel RealSense. In Windows 10 vs Windows 7 performance, Windows 10 has increased performance from its previous versions.
The Windows OS also has various applications like Maps, Calendar, Mail, Photos, Groove Music, etc.
The time line feature is intriguing for business users as it offers the dashboard which can work on multiple programs and documents letting you work on the document that you worked 30 days ago. The look and feel of Windows 10 are improved giving a more interactive UI.
Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10: How to Start
To start Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7, you need to buy a license to install Windows 10 on your system legally; else you can use the installation media (USB flash drive, DVD or ISO file) to install Windows 10. To get started, you need to follow these best practices:
- Ensure that the copy of windows is activated: The current version that is running on your system should be activated. Though Microsoft supports upgrading on inactivated copies of Windows, but it is important to keep the copy of windows activated. You can check the status of the target machine, right-click on the start button and select Properties.
- Backup your desktop system: You need to take a full-back of files.
- Turn OFF anti-virus software: The third party software installed on the system could cause hindrance to the upgrading process. It is better to turn ON. Once you install Windows 10, you can later install or update the antivirus tool.
- Download Windows 10 update assistant: You can download this tool from the internet. This tool will let you know whether or not you are updating the right version of Windows. It detects which version of Windows you are using, i.e., 32 bit or 64 bit and updates the same version.
Preparation Required for Windows Upgrade
- Gather all the application and hardware driver discs that you want to install again
- Check the websites of the software for any updates and see to it that the software you want to install on the system is compatible with Windows 10.
- If you are using software like Adobe programs and iTunes, you need to deactivate them prior to running the setup.
Windows 7 vs. Windows 10 system requirements
- Processor: 1 GHz.
- RAM: 1 GB or 2 GB.
- Hard disk space that should be available for free: 16 GB.
- Internet Access.
- Microsoft Account.
- Graphics card.
Upgrading the Installing and Backing up
Before you start to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10, you need to back up the important files. There are high chances of you to lose important files during the upgrading process or if something goes wrong during the upgrading process. By backing up the files, you can be assured that your files are safe. When you are updating the operating system, it is always recommended to take back-up files and documents. Though Microsoft states that your files remain intact during this updating process, still it is best to back up
Upgrading to Windows 10
Here is the step by step procedure you need to follow to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Go to the Microsoft store
- Buy the license
- Click Get Started to begin the installation process of Windows 10
- To accept the software license terms, click Accept.
- Click Start the Upgrade Now button to start the upgrading process or click Schedule it for later to run the upgrading process later.
Note: To schedule it later, you need to select the date and time at which you want the process to begin even though when you are away, or your system is in sleep mode.
- Windows starts to download the files. It is important to keep the computer ON. After the upgrading process is completed successfully, your system will restart several times.
- Once Windows 10 is installed, you are directed to the Welcome Back screen where you see the PC name
- Sign in to your system by entering the Windows Account Name and Password in the respective fields to enjoy computing operations on Windows 10.
To upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10, you need to follow these steps. It is pretty easy to upgrade and compared to the earlier versions of Windows. Once the windows 10 is installed by following the procedure that is given above, you can enjoy all the latest features in 10 optimally.